Am Bathach - Scottish Cottage holidays in Sutherland, Highlands
Here are the details forAm Bathach ideal for a cottage holiday in Sutherland, Highlands. To book or find out more please use the Booking Info or Availability buttons below.
Am Bathach is part of a traditional working croft where Hebridean Sheep can be seen grazing and running on the surrounding hills of heather. The cottage is part of an extensive refurbishment carried out on the original cow barn using traditional stonework and cedar logs from Pioneer Log Homes of Canada. Tastefully decorated using local tweeds and traditional furnishings complemented by modern appliances used in a contemporary way.
The area is world renowned for its stunning scenery, wildlife, food and drink and friendly local communities. Not so well known is the low rainfall and mild climate due to the Atlantic Gulf Stream, with glorious summers and beautiful long sunsets throughout the year. The dark sky is a stunning sight with the stars clearly visible, particularly here in Altass.
The cottage is situated in the small hamlet of Rosehall which is surrounded by magnificent salmon fishing rivers and trout lochs, woodland walks and a welcoming local hotel serving delicious food.
A perfect base for touring, being based midway between west, north and east coasts, where the varied coastline is a magnet for wildlife and birdwatching.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps two guests.
- One bedroom with two double beds.
- One shower room.
- Babies welcome.
- Parking for up to three vehicles.
- Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge per dog), please keep on the lead in the immediate vicinity as hens and sheep wander freely.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Recently renovated using traditional stonework and cedar logs from Pioneer Log Homes of Canada.
- Use of two adult and two children's cycles on request.
- Dark and clear night skies.
- Tastefully decorated using local tweeds and traditional furnishings.
- Kitchen includes gas oven with separate has hob, dishwasher, microwave and fridge/freezer. A further double drawer fridge & chest freezer can be accessed on request.
- Digital satellite TV with Freeview and digital radio.
- Large electric power shower.
- Travel cot and high chair available (please request).
- Garden accessed by double patio doors onto decking area.
- Garden furniture with charcoal barbecue.
- Large natural pond within walking distance, small children will need to be accompanied.
- The property is surrounded by wild croft land and open skies.
Situated in the very heart of Sutherland, the most northerly county on the British mainland and a world renowned area for its stunning scenery, wildlife, food and drink, Am Bathach is part of a traditional working croft with Hebridean sheep grazing on the heather hills.
|Am Bathach has the following Facilities
Keen on fishing? there is fishing on site or nearby
The cottage has an enclosed garden
This cottage can be booked for a short break
Pets are welcomed at this cottage
Price: £ from £ 343.00
|This cottage Sleeps
||Cottage rental includes
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- On Site Parking
- Children Welcome
As you can see Am Bathach is located in a great location. The perfect base for any holiday around Sutherland. And well suited to explore the whole of
Important note: All information provided about this holiday cottage are for guidance only. Cottages4Holidays-uk.com is an independent site bringing you details of a wide range of cottages (over 9,500) in England, Wales and Scotland alone. The aim of the information provided is to allow you to compare a range of properties. Once you have chosen a cottage that suits your requirments you can book the holiday via the booking links provided which is either the cottage owner direct or a reputable booking agent.