Fenton Tower is a magnificent, fortified 16th-century tower located 18 miles east of Edinburgh near the coastal town of North Berwick. Set over five floors, the castle comprises of ground floor dining room, kitchen and storage area for golfing equipment, walking shoes and outdoor clothing. The first floor features a spacious sitting room, library and study, while the second to fourth floor accommodate five luxurious suites with double bedrooms and en-suite bathrooms, one twin bedroom and one single bedroom. Fenton Tower has been refurbished to impeccable standards with period features and antique furniture featured throughout.
Set amongst rolling countryside and surrounded by some of the worlds’ most famous golf courses including Muirfield, Gullane and North Berwick, Fenton Tower is the perfect base for a magnificent golfing experience. The location of the Tower makes it ideal for all kinds of country, sporting and recreational activities. Arrangements can be made for parties of up to eight guns for Grouse, Partridge and Pheasant shooting, as well as fly fishing on the rivers Tweed and Tyne. With horse riding, archery, and local attractions including The National Museum of Flight and the Scottish Seabird Centre, all within a stones-throw of the Castle, your visit to East Lothian will be one you will want to repeat.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps 13 guests.
- Five double suites, one twin bedroom and one single bedroom.
- Five bathrooms.
- Historic castle with period features and antique furniture.
- Included with your stay is a breakfast banquet served daily, evening catering can also be provided on request (not available during Christmas and New Year).
- A range of county pursuits can be arranged in advance such as horse riding, shooting and fishing.
- Children and infants welcome.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Ample parking.
- Minimum one night stay.
- Underfloor heating.
- Six burner gas hob.
- Two electric ovens.
- Multifunction microwave.
- Large fridge and one small fridge in kitchen.
- Large fridge and small freezer in out building,
- Washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Television with Sky, DVD player and CD player in Library.
- Televisions with Freeview, DVD players and digital radios in six bedrooms.
- Two high chairs and two cots available on request.
Fenton Tower is a magnificent, fortified 16th Century tower located just 20 miles east of Edinburgh. Surrounded by some of the worlds’ most famous golf courses, this unique place to stay combines state-of-the-art facilities with the informality of a private home.