Port na Mine - Scottish Cottage holidays in Inverawe, Argyll and Bute
Here are the details forPort na Mine ideal for a cottage holiday in Inverawe, Argyll and Bute. To book or find out more please use the Booking Info or Availability buttons below.
In the most idyllic setting is Port na Mine, a very special holiday home with breath-taking views of Loch Etive and Glencoe beyond. Sleeping twelve guests in six bedrooms with six bathrooms, this spacious home is beautifully situated for holidays with friends and family. A track from garden leads straight to the Loch shoreline where a stunning walk along the Loch awaits, as well as a boat jetty which is great for picnics in the sunshine. Behind the house is 30 acres of stunning landscape where ancient woodlands and rugged hills are waiting to be discovered.
Although Port na Mine boasts a secluded loch-side location many of Arygll’s popular destinations are easily accessible. Sharing the forestry track that leads is to Port na Mine is the well-known Inverawe Smokehouse and Shop which has also a café, visitor centre and many trails and walks through the park’s woods. The village of Taynuilt is just five miles away where local amenities include an excellent grocer, butchers, tea room and hotel with restaurant. The 9-hole Taynuilt Golf Club has wonderful views of Loch Etive while the Bonawe Iron Furnace is a popular local attraction. Slightly further afield is Oban which can be reached in approximately 30 minutes’ drive where there is a good range of shops, restaurants and ferries to the Hebrides.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps twelve guests.
- Two super king bedrooms with en-suites and one double bedroom with en-suite.
- Three twin bedrooms, one with en-suite.
- Family bathroom and separate shower room.
- Wood effect electric fire.
- Spacious fully enclosed garden.
- Ample parking.
- Access road to this property for the last mile is via a rough forestry track.
- Children and infants welcome.
- Up to two well behaved dogs welcome (small additional charge).
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Direct access to the Loch via a track through the garden (please see Notes).
- Two oven AGA, electric oven and multifunction microwave.
- Large fridge and fridge with large freezer compartment.
- Dishwasher and combined washer/dryer.
- Two televisions with Freeview and DVD player.
- Digital radio, IPod docking station and charger.
- Selection of board games in the sitting room.
- Ordnance survey maps.
- Highchair and cots available on request.
- Garden furniture.
- Fishing rods and mackerel lines available on request
- Guests with their own boats can use the track down to the Loch to launch from there.
In the most idyllic setting is Port na Mine, a very special holiday home with breath-taking views of Loch Etive and Glencoe beyond and its very own track from the garden down to the shoreline. Five miles from this tranquil location is Taynuilt while Oban is only 15 miles away.
|Port na Mine has the following Facilities
Keen on fishing? there is fishing on site or nearby
The cottage has an enclosed garden
The cottage has an open fire - perfect for that authentic country cottage feeel on a winters evening
This cottage can be booked for a short break
This cottage sleeps more than 2 - perfect for families of all ages
Pets are welcomed at this cottage
Price: £ from £ 886.00
|This cottage Sleeps
Port na Mine
Argyll and Bute
||Cottage rental includes
- One Dog
- Some ground floor
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Children Welcome
As you can see Port na Mine is located in a great location. The perfect base for any holiday around Inverawe. And well suited to explore the whole of
Argyll and Bute.
Important note: All information provided about this holiday cottage are for guidance only. Cottages4Holidays-uk.com is an independent site bringing you details of a wide range of cottages (over 9,500) in England, Wales and Scotland alone. The aim of the information provided is to allow you to compare a range of properties. Once you have chosen a cottage that suits your requirments you can book the holiday via the booking links provided which is either the cottage owner direct or a reputable booking agent.